Motor Trade Insurance
The Motor Trade encompasses a wide range of business activities and can include main car or van dealers, used car sales, mechanical service and repair, body repair and car valeting, and any combination of these. The common feature of each activity is the need to insure vehicles either belonging to you or in your custody for which you are responsible in a flexible and cost effective way.
Typically, a Combined Motor Trade insurance policy can include sections of cover as follows:
- Material Damage to buildings, plant and machinery, general contents, portable hand tools, stock, your vehicles while on your premises, customer’s vehicles on your premises, and contents of customers’ vehicles.
- Business Interruption– damage to your buildings, contents, stock or vehicles can have a serious effect on the income and survival of your business. A loss of income can also arise out of the loss of your MOT licence, denial of access to your premises or even damage at the premises of a supplier or customer. We can arrange cover that protects the financial position of your business including the continuation of wage payments to you and your team.
- Employers Liability (compulsory if you have employees), Public and Products Liability covering your liability to customers and the public for injury and property damage caused by your business activities or products sold including Service Indemnity (damage or injury caused by faulty repair or servicing of vehicles)
- Loss of business money from your premises or in transit.
- Road Risks covering the use of your own and customers vehicles on the road by you, your employees, named drivers or customers for the purposes of vehicle demonstration (usually accompanied by you). Cover can be arranged on a Comprehensive basis or Third Party Fire and Theft. Cover can be extended to include the driving of your vehicles by customers whilst their vehicle is in your custody for service and repair.
There are many variations of cover and our knowledge of Motor Trade insurance enables us to provide you with the right policy for your needs and budget. Contact us now for a quote.
Contact our Cambridge or Bury St Edmunds office to take the next steps
Please contact us on 01954 234371 (Cambridge) / 01284 722600 (Bury St Edmunds) or, if you would like Gibbs Denley to call you back at a time that is convenient for you, please fill in the form below.